Snake Birthday Cake Design
Sweet! How to make a snake birthday cake with cupcakes. Easy, step-by-step recipe, diagrams and pictures
Step-by-step recipes, designs and color pics of the easiest (and cutest) birthday cakes for boys and girls
- Green food coloring
- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- 1 graham-cracker square
- 10 unfrosted cupcakes baked in green paper liners*
- 1 large bag (21 oz) M&M's Minis
- 1 large bag (21 oz) M&M's
- 1 (2-inch) piece red fruit leather
What you'll need:
- A serving platter
For the frosting:
Add a few drops of the food coloring to the vanilla frosting to tint it a very pale green.
For the snake's head:
- Cut the graham cracker into a 1 ½-inch triangle.
- Spread a small amount of frosting on top of one of the cupcakes.
- For the snake's snout, attach the graham-cracker triangle so one corner hangs over the side.
- Completely cover the cupcake and graham cracker with more frosting.
- Spread the remaining frosting over the other cupcakes.
Assembling the snake:
- Decorate the top of the cupcakes with the M&M's, as pictured.
- Arrange the cupcakes into an S-shape on a serving platter.
- Cut the fruit leather into a forked-tongue shape.
- Insert fruit leather under the graham cracker for the snake's tongue.
*Can be purchased at Confectioneryhouse.com