Tuxedo Birthday Cake Design
Step-by-step recipes, designs and color pics of the easiest (and cutest) birthday cakes for boys and girls
- 1 roll Fruit by the Foot
- 2 Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 1 (9-inch) square cake
- 1 can (16 oz) dark chocolate frosting
- Black food coloring
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 4 brown M&M's Minis
- 1 brown M&M
- 1 Junior Mint
What you'll need:
- 2 resealable sandwich-size plastic bags (Ziploc)
- A serrated knife
Frosting the cake:
- Spoon 3 Tbsp vanilla frosting into a resealable plastic bag.
- Spread the remaining vanilla frosting in a "V" shape on the center of the cake for the tuxedo's shirt as shown in picture and make smooth.
- Tint the chocolate frosting black with the food coloring. Spoon 1 cup of the black frosting into a resealable plastic bag. Spread the remaining black frosting over the remainder of the cake and make smooth.
To complete the decoration:
- Using a serrated knife, cut two wedges from the chocolate cookies for the tuxedo's bowtie. Set the cookie wedges aside.
- Unwrap and unroll the fruit leather. Reroll the fruit leather loosely, pinching one side of the roll together, for the tuxedo's carnation.
- Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting and a ¼-inch corner from the bag with the black frosting. Pipe two parallel white lines down the center of the shirt area. Pipe small dots down the center of the shirt for the buttons. Press the M&M's Minis into the shirt for the buttons.
- Using the bag of black frosting, pipe the lapel outlines as pictured.
- Insert the pointed ends of the cookies into the top of the shirt area to make the bowtie. Pipe a few lines of black frosting onto each cookie wedge. Pipe a small dot of black frosting into the center of the bowtie and press the brown M&M in.
- Pipe a small amount of black frosting onto the lapel and place the fruit leather flower on top, as pictured.
- Press the chocolate mint onto the bottom edge of cake for the tuxedo's button.