- 12 cupcakes baked in green paper liners
- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- 3 strands red licorice laces
- 1 roll Fruit by the Foot red fruit leather
- 48 brown M&M's
- 24 spearmint leaves
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) black decorating icing
- ½ cup green decorating sugar
- 24 green gummy apple rings
What you'll need:
- A resealable sandwich-size plastic bag
To prepare the candy:
- Cut the red licorice laces into 24 (3-inch) pieces.
- Cut the red Fruit by the Foot into 24 (1 ½-inch) ovals.
- Cut the green gummy apple rings in half.
- Place a spearmint leaf, flat side down on work surface. Cut the spearmint leaf in half horizontally to make the frog feet. Repeat with the remaining candies.
Frosting the cupcakes:
- Spoon ¼ cup of the vanilla frosting into a resealable plastic bag.
- Tint the remaining vanilla frosting green with the food coloring.
- Spread the top of each cupcake with some of the green frosting.
- Roll the edge of each frosted cupcake in the green sugar to coat.
To complete the decoration:
- Arrange 2 cut gummy rings in the center of the cupcake, cut side down, as pictured.
- Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting and pipe a dot of vanilla frosting in the center of each ring.
- Press a brown candy into the vanilla frosting as the pupils. Pipe white dots on the brown candies to add sparkle to the frog's eye.
- Press a length of red licorice lace onto the cupcake for the frog's mouth. Add the red fruit leather oval as the tongue.
- Arrange the cut spearmint leaves at the base of the cupcakes for the frog's feet. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.