Piggy Birthday Cupcakes Design
How to make piggy birthday cupcakes with chocolate chips and pink decorating sugar
Step-by-step recipes, designs and color pics of the easiest (and cutest) birthday cakes for boys and girls
- 24 cupcakes baked in brown paper liners
- 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- 1 tube (4.25 oz) black decorating icing
- 24 large pink marshmallows
- 48 chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons pink decorating sugar
What you'll need:
- Clean scissors
Frosting the cupcakes:
- Tint the vanilla frosting light pink with the food coloring. Spread the top of the cupcakes with some of the pink frosting and make smooth.
To complete the decoration:
- Snip a ¼-inch thick slice from a marshmallow, crosswise. Dip the cut side of the thin marshmallow slice into the pink sugar to coat. Cut the sugared slice in half crosswise and form into 2 ear-shaped triangles. Reserve the larger piece of marshmallow for the pig's snout. Repeat with the remaining marshmallows.
- Press the larger piece of the marshmallow, cut side down, onto the lower half of the cupcake for the pig's snout.
- Press 2 sugared marshmallow ears into opposite edge of cupcake, as pictured.
- Press the chocolate chips in for the piggy's eyes, pointed end down.
- Pipe a mouth and nostrils onto the cupcake with the black decorating icing.