Indoor BBQ Ribs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: about 6 1/2 hours
Yield: 6 servings
* Cooking spray
* 2 lbs boneless country-style pork loin ribs
* 1 onion, sliced
* 1 tsp jarred chopped garlic
* 6-oz can pineapple juice
* 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
* 1/3 cup plum jam
1. Coat a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Arrange the ribs, sliced onion, and chopped garlic in the cooker. Pour pineapple juice over ribs.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
3. Drain the cooking juices. Remove onions from the slow cooker and discard them. In a small bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce and the plum jam. Pour over the ribs and spread so that the ribs are evenly covered with sauce.
4. Cover and cook on high for another 30 minutes.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; stir together the barbecue sauce and plum jam.
Per serving: 326 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated), 292 mg sodium, 87 mg cholesterol.