You are here
Keep your toddler happy in the car
- Download audiobooks online and play them on your iPod dock in the car.
- Pack alphabet magnets for your child to play with on a metal baking pan.
- Start a scavenger hunt. Have him look for a dog in a yard, a construction cone, and a baby in a stroller. On the highway? Look for a car with another kid in it, a yellow billboard, and a dirty truck.
- Broaden the search. See if he can spot things you can eat, wear as a hat, or use to decorate your living room.
- Make up songs and stories about objects you pass. "See that moving van? I think the people are moving to the North Pole!"
- Count blue cars. When he sees two, tell him to count clouds. When he finds three, switch to finding four green signs.