Kid-Friendly Chores: Folding Laundry
How kids can "help," from Barbara Sher, author of Spirit Games and Extraordinary Play With Ordinary Things:
A 2-year-old can:
* Put all the family's socks into a pile.
* Find pieces of his own clothing and give them to you to fold.
A 3-year-old can:
* Fold washcloths or bibs in half once, then hand them to you.
* Put all his own clothes in a pile.
* Sort a sibling's clothes into another pile.
A 4-year-old can:
* Sort socks by color, and match patterns.
* Fold washcloths in half, then in half again.
* Carry folded towels to a closet.