- 1 (9 by 5 inch) loaf cake
- 1 jumbo cupcake or muffin
- 4 Yodels
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 cup dark chocolate frosting
- 1 bag (14 ounces) mini marshmallows
- 2 brown M&M’s
- 1 black jellybean
- 1 yellow spice drop
- 2 brown and 1 yellow M&M minis
- 3 strands red licorice laces
- A serrated knife
- A bread knife
- A small zip lock bag
Trimming the cake:
- Place the loaf cake on a clean work surface. Using the bread knife, trim the top of the cake if too domed. Cut out the body shape using the template as a reference.
- Cut 1-1/2 inches from one end of each chocolate snack cake, longer pieces for the legs and 3 of the smaller pieces for the ears and tail.
- Remove the paper liner from the cupcake or muffin. Trim the muffin’s top slightly if domed.
Frosting the cake:
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the vanilla frosting into a zip lock bag.
- Spread the chocolate frosting over the cupcake to cover. Place on top of the cake on one end, tapered end out. Press 2 of the small trimmed snack cakes as the ears on either side of the frosted cupcake. Spread some of the remaining chocolate frosting on the back side of the trimmed ears to cover.
- Attach the remaining small piece of snack cake at the other end of the cake as the tail, securing with some vanilla frosting. Cover the cake with the remaining vanilla frosting. Press the mini marshmallows al over the cake and the top half of the cupcake to look like the lamb’s wool.
To complete the decoration:
- Press the 4 trimmed snack cakes, trimmed side up, and place around the cake as the lamb’s legs. Spread some vanilla frosting on top of the trimmed end and add some more mini marshmallows.
- Add the brown M&M’s for the eyes, the mini M&M’s for the nostrils.
- Wrap the strands of licorice around the neck as the collar and add the spice drop and mini yellow M&M for the bell. Snip a very small corner from the bag of vanilla frosting and pipe the white dots on the eyes.