- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 thin-sliced (1/4-inch-thick) chicken cutlets (about 3 oz each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbs lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 Tbs capers (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and cook it 2 minutes per side, or until no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
2. Add broth and lemon juice to pan, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in butter and capers, if using; spoon sauce over chicken. Serve warm.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving (1 cutlet, 1 Tbs sauce, 1 cup rice, 1/2 cup sugar snap peas): 389 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated), 210 mg sodium, 55 mg cholesterol.
Sides: While chicken cooks...
* Microwave frozen sugar snap peas 3 minutes; add a bit of butter and salt.
* Microwave 2 packages instant rice, such as Uncle Ben's Ready Rice.