Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: About 15 minutes
Yield: 10 to 12 muffins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Fill muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, stir together 8.5-oz corn-muffin mix, 1/4 cup cornmeal, and 1 Tbs sugar.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk 1 egg, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 3 Tbs melted unsalted butter, and 3/4 cup thawed frozen corn kernels. Pour over dry ingredients and stir until just combined. (Too much mixing will make muffins tough.)
4. Fill each muffin cup halfway. Place a heaping teaspoonful of strawberry jam in center of batter. Pour remaining batter on top to cover the jam.
5. Bake on middle rack of oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let muffins cool in pan 2 minutes, then transfer to a rack until cool enough to eat, about 10 minutes.