Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
* 2 Tbs olive oil
* 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
* 1 1/2 cups mango nectar
* 1 3/4 cups uncooked couscous
* 2 cups diced cooked chicken
* 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups)
* 1/2 10-oz box frozen snow peas, or 1 cup fresh
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil for 30 seconds over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 2 minutes on low. Stir in ginger and cinnamon. Sauté 1 minute.
2. Add broth and nectar; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover; remove from heat. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
3. Uncover and stir in chicken, mango, and snow peas. Cover. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until very warm. Add salt and pepper.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients.
Per serving: 422 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated), 302 mg sodium, 42 mg cholesterol