PREP: about 10 minutes
BAKE: 18 to 20 minutesYIELD: 8 muffins
- 6 Tbs butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1?4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1?2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1?2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1?4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400?F. Place cupcake liners into 8 muffin cups and set aside. In a medium bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
2. In the medium bowl, whisk melted butter, sour cream, egg, and vanilla until well blended. Add butter-sour cream mixture to flour mixture and blend. Stir in maple syrup and walnuts.
3. Divide evenly into cups and bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm out of the oven, or make the night before.
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Measure ingredients; sift dry ingredients; stir in maple syrup and walnuts.
PER MUFFIN 227 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated), 84 mg sodium, 57 mg cholesterol