Marilyn's Soft White Cookies
2 Cups white sugar
1 Cup Crisco
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups of flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1. Mix sugar, Crisco, eggs, baking soda, sour cream, and vanilla.
2. Put flour, baking powder, and salt in sifter.
3. Mix together wet an dry ingredients.
4. Roll out to desired thickness, adding more flour as needed.
5. Cut out with cookie cutters and bake at 425 degrees (usually just a few minutes, depending on your oven).
6. Decorate anyway you like! We used Pillsbury canned frosting with a little added food coloring and sprinkles.