Marinated Grilled Chicken + A Week of Dinners
Baked Pasta with Summer Veggies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced (or substitute summer squash, carrots, or eggplant)
2 Tbsp olive oil Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb ziti or penne pasta
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus 1/2 cup
Pinch of nutmeg
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1/2 lb fresh mozzarella, cubed
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat a large, shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Place a large pot of salted water over medium-high heat.
2. Toss onion, garlic, red pepper, and zucchini in a large bowl with olive oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Place vegetables on a baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
3. While vegetables are roasting, add pasta to the water and boil about 2 minutes short of package directions (it should still be slightly firm). Drain.
4. In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, 1/4 cup parmesan, and the nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Gently toss pasta with the ricotta mixture, vegetables, tomatoes, oregano, and mozzarella. Pour mixture into the baking dish.
5. Sprinkle top with the remaining parmesan and bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned and bubbling, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Time-saver: Assemble through Step 4 and refrigerate up to a day ahead.
Per serving: 536 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated), 570 mg sodium, 44 mg cholesterol