Million Dollar Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cup flour (plus another 1/4c set aside if dough is too sticky)
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
48 Rolo chewy caramels
2 Heath candy bars
1 tablespoon white sugar (add to crushed Heath bars)
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
1. Beat sugars and butter until fluffy, add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa and baking soda.
3. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and blend well. (Feel free to sprinkle in extra flour if the dough is too sticky.)
4. Cover and cool dough in fridge for about 1/2 hour to make it easier to work with.
5. Crush candy bars into small pieces. In a small bowl add crushed candy and 1 tbsp of sugar and mix well.
6. Shape dough into 1" ball around caramel, covering it completely.
7. Dip top of the dough balls into the crushed candy topping.
8. Bake on parchment papaer for 7 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Do not overbake. Cool in pan slightly then lift off parchment paper and cookies.