MAKES: 60 mini cupcakes
PREP TIME: 1 Hour
START TO FINISH: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
- 1 box devil's food cake mix with pudding
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries
- 1 container (12 oz) fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting
- 60 fresh raspberries (from three 6-oz containers)
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place mini paper baking cup in each of 60 mini muffin cups.
- Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full (about 1 heaping tablespoon each).
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- By slowly spinning end of round handle of wooden spoon back and forth, make deep, 1/2-inch-wide indentation in center of top of each cupcake, not quite to bottom (wiggle end of spoon in mini cake to make opening large enough).
- Spoon jam into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut 3/8-inch tip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Insert tip of bag into opening in each cupcake; squeeze bag to fill opening.
- In blender, place 1 cup raspberries. Cover; pulse 20 seconds or until pureed. Press puree through small strainer to remove seeds. Pour 1/4 cup raspberry puree into medium bowl; stir in frosting until well mixed. Frost cupcakes. Garnish each with 1 raspberry.