Mini Raspberry-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
These baby cupcakes are the perfect bite-sized treat for kids and adults, and can be made with a box devil's food cake mix, plus see more great cupcake recipes for kids!
MAKES: 60 mini cupcakes
PREP TIME: 1 Hour
START TO FINISH: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
- 1 box devil's food cake mix with pudding
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries
- 1 container (12 oz) fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting
- 60 fresh raspberries (from three 6-oz containers)
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place mini paper baking cup in each of 60 mini muffin cups.
- Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full (about 1 heaping tablespoon each).
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- By slowly spinning end of round handle of wooden spoon back and forth, make deep, 1/2-inch-wide indentation in center of top of each cupcake, not quite to bottom (wiggle end of spoon in mini cake to make opening large enough).
- Spoon jam into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut 3/8-inch tip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Insert tip of bag into opening in each cupcake; squeeze bag to fill opening.
- In blender, place 1 cup raspberries. Cover; pulse 20 seconds or until pureed. Press puree through small strainer to remove seeds. Pour 1/4 cup raspberry puree into medium bowl; stir in frosting until well mixed. Frost cupcakes. Garnish each with 1 raspberry.
1 Serving (1 Mini Cupcake) Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g,Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 85mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 9g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Calcium ; Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 1; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.