Mom Confessions: Moms Today
We're guessing you didn't have baby on the brain when Parenting was born 20 years ago. But look at you now! To celebrate how far we've all come, we asked you what it's like being a mom today. More than 1,000 of you responded:
Yay for 2007!
The best things about being a mom today:
1. Having a partner who's more involved with raising the kids
2. Having more choices about your life, such as whether to work or stay at home
3. The technology, from the Internet to in-car DVD players
The TV mom you're most like:
1. Lynette from Desperate Housewives
2. Lorelai from Gilmore Girls
3. Lois from Malcolm in the Middle
What matters most
Your top concern for your child: his happiness
What you think was moms' top concern 20 years ago: their kids' future
If you had it to do over again...
59% would have kids exactly when you did
23% would have them earlier
16% would have them later
The good ol' days
74% of you think it was easier to be a mom 20 years ago
To work or not...
In a perfect world, 63% of you would work. The ideal? Working part-time outside your home
The perfect mom is...
53% Someone who pursues her own interests while taking care of her family
28% Someone who can do a million things -- and make it look easy
10% Someone who devotes all her energy to her kids
9% Someone whose kids are always very well behaved
Look for the rest of the eye-opening results in a future issue of Parenting!