20 Things Moms Should Never Feel Guilty About
From wanting to get back to work to never starting the baby book (let alone finishing it), here’s how to let go of mom guilt
We could probably come up with about two hundred things to not feel guilty about, but then we would just feel guilty about never feeling guilty at all. This list will give you the general idea of what kinds of not-exactly-maternal feelings are within limits, and what childcare chores you can cheat on now and then.
1. Wanting to stay home with your baby.
2. Loving your job.
3. Hating your husband now and then.
4. Still not wanting sex way, way, way after your six-week checkup.
5. Not reading to your baby as much as all the experts say you should.
6. Introducing a bottle as soon as you get home from the hospital (even though you’re not sure your milk supply is established yet) so you can get some sleep.
7. Supplementing with formula at any time.
8. Lying to the other women in your mommy group about how long your baby sleeps at night (but you will get more sympathy if you tell the truth).
9. Not keeping up with all the milestones you’re supposed to be recording in your baby book.
10. Never even starting the baby book.