Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake: 40 to 45 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
* 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
* 1 Tbs lemon juice, optional
* 1 tsp jarred chopped garlic
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
* 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
* 2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1. Place chickpeas, yogurt, lemon juice (if using), garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in food processor. Process until the dip is smooth and creamy, about 20 seconds.
2. Add green onions and pulse to combine. Transfer to serving bowl and serve with assorted veggies and pita wedges.
How kids can help Measure ingredients; place them in food processor; push buttons to process.
Per Serving (2 Tbs): 26 calories, 0 g fat, 148 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol