11. Use natural air fresheners. Squeeze a lemon into your diaper pail to help eliminate odor.
12. Skip the soft plastic toys in the hand-me-down pile: Think squeaky bath toys and pliable alphabet letters. Toys like this were sold before stricter safety laws were passed in 2009 and likely contain harmful chemicals used to soften the plastic.
13. Skip a bath or two. It will save water, a few dollars and even baby's smooth skin — just opt in-stead for a sponge bath of his bottom. Check out the EWG's Skin Deep database (cosmeticsdatabase.com) for skin-care ingredients alongside toxicity ratings on a scale of zero to 10, with zero being the best.
14. Stick to a natural mineral sunscreen using zinc oxide or titanium dioxide, such as those from California Baby (californiababy.com) or Aveeno Baby (aveeno.com). Make sure it blocks both UVA and UVB rays and doesn't include the ingredient oxybenzone, which is not advised for use on children.
15. GOOD GUIDE Scan bar codes to find out the “greenness” of more than 12,000 food, personal care and household products. Customize settings to prioritize the chemicals you're most concerned about.