An easy technique and inexpensive supplies give great results with this summer camp favorite.
Age: 3 and up (This project is rated VERY EASY to do.)
What You Need
- Construction paper
What You Do
1. Give each child a piece of construction paper, and allow them to draw a picture or write words with the glue. Make sure that they do not put globs of glue in any one spot.
2. Before the glue dries, pour dry sand over the construction paper by hand.
3. Let it sit for a few minutes, and then shake off the excess sand.
4. Let it dry flat for about a half an hour or depending on how much glue was used.
* This can also be done with colored sand, but, for those on a budget, regular sand works just as well.