Punch a hole in the top of each cookie right out of the oven, using a thin straw. Once cool, thread a thin ribbon through for hanging.
Prep: 13 minutes
Bake: 8 to 10 minutes
Yield: about 30 cookies
* 18-oz package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
* 1 egg white, lightly beaten with a drop of water
* Green sugar crystals
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Break the tube of dough in half. On a work surface or a piece of parchment, roll out half of the dough to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. Press out cookies with a tree-shaped cookie cutter and place on baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush cookies lightly with egg-white wash and sprinkle with green sugar.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden on the bottom, rotating the pans from top to bottom and front to back once. Remove from the oven; place cookies on a wire rack to cool completely.
How kids can help: Roll out the dough; cut out cookies; top cookies with sprinkles.