Makes 5 dozen cookies
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chunky-style peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 60 milk chocolate “kiss” candies, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix the cake mix, condensed milk, peanut butter, and egg in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes until blended.
2. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until light brown around edges. Immediately push a kiss candy, flat side down, into the center of each cookie. Transfer to wire racks with spatula and cool completely.
Variation for Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Caramel Blossoms: Prepare as directed but use chocolate-covered caramel candies (e.g., Rolos) in place of the kiss candies.
© Sourcebooks, Inc. The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book by Camilla Saulsbury