- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 36 jelly beans
- 12 yellow or pink Peep Chicks
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a baking sheet or line with parchment baking paper.
2. In a bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla until pale and frothy, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the coconut and flour until well blended.
3. To make the nests, make 12 mounds of about 3 tablespoons batter each, placing them about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Use a spoon to spread each mound into a 2 1/2-inch circle with a depression in the center.
4. Bake until the nests are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully press 3 jelly beans into the center of each nest. Use a spatula to transfer the nests to a wire rack to cool completely. Store the nests in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Top each nest with a Chick just before serving.
Makes 12 cookies