Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 10 pizza pockets
- 14-oz jar prepared pizza sauce
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup 2% shredded 3-cheese mix (such as Kraft)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pepperoni (optional)
- 2 cans (7.5 oz each) refrigerated biscuits (such as Pillsbury)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten, with 1 tsp water
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine 1/2 cup pizza sauce, broccoli, cheese and pepperoni, if using, in a medium bowl.
3. Flatten each biscuit into a 3-inch round circle, and top half of each with a heaping tablespoon of the broccoli mixture. Fold empty side of biscuit over the mixture. Press the edges with a fork to seal.
4. Place the pizza pockets on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush each pocket with some of the egg mixture, and pierce a small hole in the top of each one. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with remaining pizza sauce.
How kids can help: Flatten biscuits; mix the egg and water; use a fork to seal the biscuits.
Per serving: 139 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated), 527 mg sodium, 24 mg cholesterol