Prep time: About 18 Minutes
Cook time: 4 Minutes per Pancake
Serves: 4 Servings
1 medium potato
2 Tbs butter
1/4 cup low-fat milk
Salt and freshly ground black
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated cheddar or your favorite cheese
2 Tbs minced chives
1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
Nonstick cooking spray
Mix batter; grate cheese.
1. Peel the potato and grate on the large-hole opening of a grater.
2. In a medium skillet, melt the butter over low heat.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and milk with salt and pepper. Sift the flour and baking powder on top and mix well. Add the parmesan and cheddar cheeses, grated potato, melted butter, chives, and thyme and stir well.
4. Coat the skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add a heaping tablespoon of batter to form a pancake and cook for 2 minutes per side. Continue with remaining batter.
5. Keep pancakes warm in a 250-degree oven or serve as you cook.
PER SERVING (2 pancakes): 249 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated), 246 mg sodium, 82 mg cholesterol. A good source of calcium.