Makes: 72 mini cupcakes
Prep time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
Start to finish: 1 Hour 55 Minutes
- Decorator Icing
- Yellow food color
Decoration and supplies:
- 72 black gummy raspberries
- Green tissue paper
- Green pail or clay pot
- Green floral oasis
- 7 wooden skewers
- 7 pieces green licorice
- 7 candy spearmint leaves
1. Make, bake and cool 72 mini cupcakes using White Cupcakes.
2. Make Decorator Icing. Stir in food color, mixing to blend completely. Spoon icing into decorating bag fitted with open star tip #18.
3. On each cupcake, pipe 6 lines from the center of the cupcake, out to the edge, making an evenly spaced “spoke-like pattern” on each. With the same tip, start in the center and make a loop by going down one side of each spoke, turning at the edge of the cupcake and following the next spoke back into the center to make a flower petal. Repeat 5 times, ending with 6 petals. Place black gummy raspberry in center of each cupcake.
4. Place 2 sheets of tissue paper inside pail. Cut dry oasis to fit inside pail. Thread wooden skewer through green licorice. Thread spearmint leaf onto skewer and then cupcake. Repeat to make 6 additional flowers. Arrange flowers in pail. Place remaining cupcakes on platter.
1 Mini Cupcake:
Calories 110; Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g; Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 55mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1g Exchanges: ½ Starch, ½ Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1
Sweet Success Tip:
Seven of the cupcakes are used to make a cute bouquet, and the remaining cupcakes are arranged on a large platter. If you like, make additional bouquets and use as centerpieces for tables.
Use a Cake Mix!
Substitute 1 box white cake mix for the White Cupcakes. Make cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes. Fill 72 mini muffin cups ¾ full (about 1 heaping tablespoon each). Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. For frosting, use 2 containers vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting; stir in 1 cup powdered sugar and food color, mixing to blend completely. After piping icing on cupcakes, top with black gummy raspberries. Continue as directed in recipe.