|Prep time: 10 minutes |
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs butter, melted and cooled, plus 1 Tbs for the skillet
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. In a bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg for 30 seconds. Add yogurt, pumpkin puree, and 2 tablespoons melted butter and beat well.
- Stir in dry ingredients and beat just until combined.
- Grease skillet lightly with butter. Pour 1/4 cup batter per pan-cake; flip with spatula when tops bubble and edges are slightly dry. Cook until other side is golden brown, 2 minutes per side.
Tip: Keep pancakes warm in a 250-degree oven until ready to eat.
|How kids can help: Measure ingredients.|
Per serving: 271 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated), 458 mg sodium, 77 mg cholesterol.