Quick Chicken Parmesan
PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: 15 minutes
YIELD: 4 servings
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs)
* Salt and pepper
* 1 Tbs olive oil
* 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
* 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella
* 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook on both sides, about 5 to 7 minutes each, depending on thickness.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Spoon pasta sauce over chicken and simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella, cover, and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and gooey. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Measure the sauce and cheese; sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken.
PER SERVING: 319 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated), 852 mg sodium, 94 mg cholesterol