For this costume, you'll need:
- 1 yd each pink, purple, green, yellow, orange, and turquoise tulle
- 1 yd each same color ribbon
- Paper crown
- Rainbow ribbon
- Rainbow-striped pajamas, shirt, tights, or kneesocks
- 1/2 qt paper paint bucket
- 1 yd yellow felt
- 2 pipe cleaners
- Small rainbow bows (optional)
1. Embellish skirt: Cut a 10" x 24" piece of tulle, and tie a ribbon at middle. Fold tulle in half and glue back of ribbon to elastic waistband of tutu. Continue all around tutu, alternating colors.
2. Make headband: Cut top off crown, and cover remaining band with rainbow ribbon, gathering it slightly as you glue it.
3. For pot of gold: Cover paint bucket with yellow felt. Twist 2 pipe cleaners together for handle, and glue rainbow ribbon over it; glue to pot. Glue small rainbow bow on each side, if you like.