Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed, and mashed slightly
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 Tbs salsa
- 1 link cooked turkey sausage, diced, optional
- 4 ten-inch sun-dried-tomato wraps
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- Salsa, optional
- Sour cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a heavy skillet, cook the onion in olive oil for 3 minutes, or until soft.
3. Stir in beans, rice, seasoning, salsa, and sausage, if using; heat through.
4. Spread 3/4 cup bean-and-rice mixture in middle of each wrap; top with cheese. Fold wraps into burritos, and place seam side down in baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes, or until very hot. Remove from oven. Serve with salsa and sour cream, if you'd like.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; sprinkle on cheese.
Per burrito: 306 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated), 665 mg sodium, 8 mg cholesterol.