Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time:40 minutes
For the Marinade:
3 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
3/4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
3/4 tsp dried rosemary
3/4 tsp dried sage
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Kebabs:
1 1/2 lb cubed chicken breast
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
1 container (about 16) small cremini or Baby Bella mushrooms
1 red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients for the marinade. Measure out 1/2 cup; reserve the rest.
2. Alternately thread chicken cubes, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, and onions onto skewers. Place on a baking pan. Coat with the 1/2 cup marinade. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, or keep wrapped in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
3. Heat grill to high, or pre-heat the broiler to high.
4. Place kebabs directly on the grill (or under the broiler) and leave undisturbed for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn over, and continue to grill until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes more. (The center should be opaque and firm.)
5. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Serve with potatoes or corn on the cob.