From Christy Turner, mom of Luke, 5, Emily, 3, and Grant, 1, Tuscaloosa, AL (Makes 2 dozen)
- Cooking spray
Peanut butter cookie:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Mix flour and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
2. With a spoon, mix butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Add flour mixture, and stir until combined.
3. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and flatten with a fork; bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes, then place cookies in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
4. While cookies cool, place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl; heat about 1 minute, until just melted. Let stand for 30 minutes, or until slightly stiff.
5. Heat marshmallow cream in microwave for 10 seconds to soften. Spread marshmallow on a cookie, chocolate on another and sandwich together. Store finished cookies in the fridge.