Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 to 12 minutes for the pasta
Yield: 8 cups
- 8 oz wagon-wheel pasta
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup cooked fajita-style chicken strips
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbs fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 large lime (1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 to 2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup canola oil
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water. Put in a large serving bowl. Add corn, black beans, chicken and tomatoes; mix well.
2. In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, honey, chili powder, salt and pepper and canola oil. Pour over pasta mixture. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro or parsley.
How kids can help: Rinse the beans; mix the dressing; sprinkle on cilantro or parsley.
Per serving (1 cup): 279 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 283 mg sodium, 15 mg cholesterol.