Speedy Beef Stir-Fry
|Prep time: 1 minute
Cook time: 6 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef strips
- 1 lb mixed salad-bar vegetables or frozen vegetable medley
- 8 ears baby corn (canned or from the salad bar)
- Mix the teriyaki sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl or measuring cup. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add beef strips and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add all vegetables; cook another 3 to 4 minutes, or until vegetables are crisptender. Add teriyaki mixture, bring to a boil, and cook until sauce thickens, about 1 more minute. Serve with instant rice, vermicelli, or cellophane noodles.
Per serving(1/4 recipe, 1/2 cup rice):361 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated), 684 mg sodium, 64 mg cholesterol.