The fruit in this salad makes it light and refreshing, and a sweet enticement for kids.
|Prep time: 10 minutes |
Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Two 6-oz packages prewashed baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- One 15-oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- Puree dressing ingredients in a blender for 10 seconds.
- In a large salad bowl combine salad ingredients. Toss with dressing and serve.
|How kids can help: Drain oranges; measure ingredients; count strawberries; put ingredients in bowl.|
Per Serving (1/8 recipe): 163 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated), 181 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol.