PREP TIME: 10 to 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 1/2 to 3 hours
SERVES: 8 to 10
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-rib standing rib roast, or prime rib (about 10 lb)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
2. Combine bread crumbs, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl.
3. Season entire surface of the meat with salt and pepper, then coat with mustard. Pat the bread-crumb mixture into the mustard.
4. Transfer the roast, bone side down, to a large roasting pan with sides at least 3 inches high. Place in center of oven for 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350°F, and roast until a meat thermometer placed in the thickest part of the roast registers 130°F (for medium-rare), about 2 hours.
5. Transfer the roast to a carving board, and let stand for about 10 minutes before slicing.
PER SERVING: Our nutrition counter is on holiday, so savor the season!
IDEAS FOR PICKY EATERS: Leave the onions out of the mashed potatoes, or serve them on the side. Roast a few of your child's favorite veggies along with the glazed vegetables (recipes follow).