Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Bake time: 10 minutes
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 package (18 oz) ready-to-bake sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- 12 Tbs light strawberry cream cheese
- 6 large ripe strawberries, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake cookies as directed and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
2. While cookies are baking, heat jelly in a small pot over low heat until liquefied, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Spread each cookie with 1/2 Tbs cream cheese, and top with chopped strawberries. Brush melted jelly on top. (Garnish with a mint sprig if you'dlike.)
How kids can help: Spread cream cheese on cookies; place sliced berries on top.
Per serving: 144 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated), 155 mg sodium, 13 mg cholesterol