- 12 vanilla cupcakes baked in green paper liners*
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla frosting
- 1 cup ground graham crackers
- 50 to 60 green Skittles
- 20 green fruit chews (Laffy Taffy, Jolly Rancher)
*Green cupcake liners can be purchased from Confectioneryhouse.com
- 1 freezer weight zip lock bag
- Small paring knife
Frosting the cupcakes:
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the vanilla frosting into a zip lock bag.
- Place the graham crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Spread the vanilla frosting on top of a cupcake and make smooth. Roll the top of the frosted cupcake in the graham cracker crumbs to cover completely. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes and frosting.
To make the peas:
- Unwrap the fruit chews. Microwave 4 of the fruit chews at a time for no more than 3 seconds to soften. Press 2 together and roll out to a 1/8-inch oval. Using the template and scissors or small knife and cut out as many ovals as possible. Transfer ovals to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining fruit chews to make 20 ovals.
- Roll out the fruit chew scraps into ropes about 3 inches long. Twist the ropes into curly tendrils
- Press 2 to 4 Skittles on one side of the fruit chew ovals. Fold the other half of the fruit chew over the Skittles to make the pea pods. Repeat with the remaining candies.
To complete the cupcakes:
- Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting. Pipe several dots of vanilla frosting on top of the cupcakes. Arrange 1 or 2 pea pods on top of each cupcake using the dots of frosting to help secure. Add several tendrils.