Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
* 2 eggs
* 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
* 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp salt
* One 9-inch unbaked, refrigerated (or frozen and thawed) pie shell
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the mashed sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, both sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Beat to combine, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Bake in the center of the oven for about 55 minutes, until filling is set.
4. Cool completely on a rack before serving.
How kids can help: Whisk eggs with fork; measure sugars; add ingredients to mixing bowl.
Per serving (1/8 recipe): 320 calories, 9.3 g fat (4 g saturated), 317 mg sodium, 66 mg cholesterol.