Creative Teacher Gift Ideas
These inexpensive, out-of-the-box presents for teachers are great ideas that they'll love
Need simple teacher gift ideas for that special person in your child’s life? VolunteerSpot has collected great suggestions that will practically make themselves – check out these four different fabulous ways to celebrate your child’s teachers this season.
Meaningful & Heartfelt!
- Help your child write a letter complete with a picture to the teacher, (Tip: make a photocopy for the principal's file as well). It can be a simple Thank You, or list their five favorite memories from the semester.
- Create a group digital eCard or short video from all the kids expressing their thanks – email and share it online with their teacher!
- Collect donations for ad space and design a special thank you for your local paper or newsletter shouting out love for your teacher.
- Wrap up a box of blank Thank You cards. If a teacher has 30+ students who all send in gifts and do special things for them year-round, that's a lot of thank you responses (and extra expense) he or she might need to send!
- Movie Night: Grab a couple of fun DVDs, add a pack or two of microwavable popcorn, frozen Jr. Mints and 2 bottles of cream soda to create the perfect movie night! Top off with a gift certificate to the movies! (Label it, “Stay In or Go Out?”)
- Night Out on the Town: Ask around town for discounted tickets to a local concert or performance.
- Cozy Night In: Treat the teacher with a basketful of warm goodies including gourmet hot chocolate, teas, and cider with a personalized mug. Top off with warm and fuzzy mittens and a scarf!
- Seasonal Treats: Special treats like gourmet cupcakes, chocolates, or muffins-in-a-jar will help to make any season sparkle (and the tummy shine)!
- Have students write their names on a colorful square piece of material which can be incorporated into a blanket or throw that will keep their teacher warm for years to come! Ask class parents and friends who may be willing to help sew it together.
- Gift Card Snow Globes are a super simple yet creative way to present your teacher with quick cash. Perfect during the winter holidays or use a pastel theme during spring months!
- Hand-decorated photo frames can include a class picture or be left open for the teacher to fill with their own personal memories.
Sometimes what they need IS what they want!
- School supplies - Fill a reusable grocery bag with school supplies the teacher and classroom are low on. Request help with supply donations and collection with a free online sign up sheet from VolunteerSpot!
- Treasure Chest - Collect donations for the classroom treasure chest; small prizes, stickers and toys are always handy as special rewards and class party activity prizes.
- Gift Cards are always 'the RIGHT size!' Think: grocery stores, office supply stores, favorite restaurants and gasoline.
VolunteerSpot is the fastest, easiest way to organize parents and volunteers for school, team and community activities. No more reply-all email chains! Get FREE online signup sheets and volunteer scheduling at VolunteerSpot.com.