- 1 cake baked in a 1-1/2 quart Pyrex bowl
- 1 cake baked in a 1 quart Pyrex bowl
- 3 large chocolate frosted doughnuts
- 1 mini chocolate frosted doughnut
- 8 thin pretzel sticks
- 1 can (16 ounces) plus 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Green and blue food coloring (McCormick)
- 2 black or brown M&M’s
- 1 large pink jellybean
- 3 pink fruit chews (Laffy Taffy or Jolly Rancher)
- 2 tablespoons pink decorating sugar (Cake Mate)
- 3 tablespoons large candy decors (like Wilton)
- 6 Jordan almonds
- A bread knife
- Rolling pin
Trimming the cakes:
- Use the bread knife to trim the tops of the bowl cakes to make level. Place the cakes cut side down on a work surface. Cut a 1/2-inch piece from one edge of each cake.
- Cut one large chocolate frosted doughnut and the mini in half. Insert a thin pretzel stick halfway into each cut end of doughnuts.
- Arrange the cakes and doughnuts on a serving platter as shown in template, using some vanilla frosting to secure the doughnuts.
Frosting the cake:
- Tint the remaining frosting teal blue with the blue and green food coloring. Spread the frosting over the entire cake and make smooth.
To complete the cake:
- Press M&M’s as the eyes and the pink jellybean as the nose into the frosting, Add the candy decors as spots all over the cake. Press 3 Jordan almonds on each foot to look like the pads on the bear.
- Sprinkle the work surface with some of the pink sugar. Roll out the fruit chew in the sugar, adding more sugar to prevent sticking, to a 3 by 1-1/2-inch rectangle. Trim the fruit chew to make straight edges. Pinch the center to make the bow tie and press at the base of the small cake for the bow.