The Best & Worst Baby Gifts
Find out our top 10 in each category
THE 10 BEST
1. Housecleaning service for a month, if the person who's doing the cleaning is quiet, efficient, self-directed, and cheerful.
2. A hand-knit baby sweater, in a practical color and fabric like navy cotton, that buttons up the front.
3. A black Kate Spade diaper bag, for feeling chic and sleek against all odds.
4. An engraved sterling silver picture frame, a future heirloom that's as useful as it is luxurious.
5. A portable phone.
6. Gourmet take-out and a video delivered to your door — and picked up the next morning — plus a cache of pretty paper plates and napkins.
7. A gift certificate for the big-ticket item — car seat, bassinet, play yard — that nobody else bought you.
8. Size 2 denim overalls, a collection of animal cookie cutters, and a copy of Runaway Bunny — to savor when all the other presents are history.
9. A voluminous, soft, beautiful yet comfy nightgown that unbuttons to the waist for easy breastfeeding.
10. A big box of stain-free, sweet-smelling hand-me-downs to take Baby through the entire first year.