The Best & Worst Baby Gifts
Find out our top 10 in each category
THE 10 WORST
1. Babysitting service for a month, when you really aren't ready to turn your baby over to a sitter.
2. A hand-knit baby sweater, in hand-wash-only white angora, that goes on over Baby's head.
3. Diapers. There is such a thing as being too practical.
4. A sterling silver rattle — or any rattle, for that matter. Has anyone ever seen a baby actually hold one?
5. A puppy.
6. An invitation to a celebratory dinner at the best restaurant in town without kids, of course.
7. A big-ticket practical item that's likely to be a duplicate and will only need to be returned.
8. Expensive outfits in size newborn — outgrown before the baby's even home from the hospital.
9. A sexy lace negligee a size smaller than you wore before giving birth. (Gee, wonder who'd give you that?)
10. A tiny black linen dress, useful only if Baby attends a lot of cocktail parties.