What to say (and not) at pickup
Oh, you're here to get Ryan so soon?
after he cornered the cat with a toilet plunger and an evil grin.
Why, he's such a creative child
judging by the Magic Marker monster he drew on my toddler's new white party shoes.
And so full of energy!
Not to mention Girl Scout cookies, but you'll discover the crumbs in his overalls later.
My little Jacob had a great time
learning how to climb up the bookcase.
And it looks like Ryan had fun, too
making coasters out of my CDs while I was cleaning up his "rocket ship," aka an emptied garbage can and our wok.
His imagination is so vivid -- he looks at my tennis racquet and sees something else entirely.
Apparently something waterproof, unlike my tennis racquet.
I wouldn't be surprised if he grew up to be president
of the Young Anarchists of North America Club.
We'll have to get them together again soon
at your house, lady, 'cause I'm out of migraine medicine.
7 signs the playdate should end
1. You just saw the diamond necklace your husband gave you for your anniversary pass by on a child who isn't even yours.
2. You've convinced yourself it's not such a bad day to send the kids outside. After all, it isn't raining sideways or anything.
3. The pint-size opposing army is still on the attack, but you've run out of fort.
4. Your kid's friend has been over so long, you just scheduled her well visit at the pediatrician's office for Tuesday.
5. You and the dog are hiding in the basement.
6. One kid keeps asking for his goody bag.
7. Every time the doorbell on the dollhouse rings, you jump up to answer the front door, shouting, "Your mom's here!"
Will you like the other mom?