- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 tsp each cinnamon and salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sweet potato baby food
- 1 1/2 Tbsp carrot baby food
- 4 slices of bread (ideally whole wheat)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter + 1 Tbsp sweet potato or carrot or blueberry baby food (or other fruit spread)
- 1 mashed banana + 1 Tbsp sweet potato or carrot or blueberry baby food (or other fruit spread)
- 1 Tbsp light cream cheese + 1 Tbsp fruit spread
1. In a large, shallow baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, honey and baby food or fruit puree. Set aside.
2. Use a rolling pin to roll out each slice of bread on a cutting board until flattened.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix the optional fillings. Spread about 2 Tbsp of the filling mixture on each flattened slice of bread, keeping about 1?4 inch away from the edges. Roll up each slice of bread, pressing to seal the edges.
4. Dip each log roll in the egg mixture until saturated on all sides, then cook in a well-greased skillet over moderate heat, turning to brown each side. Remove from heat and lightly dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Visit Missy Chase Lapine's website The Sneaky Chef.