- 1 1/2 cups store-bought BBQ sauce (or make the Down Under BBQ Sauce)
- 1 cup grated zucchini, raw and peeled
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp oat bran
- 4 skinless half chicken breasts, on the bone (about 2 lbs)
- 6 hamburger buns or English muffins (ideally whole grain)
1. Preheat slow cooker to desired setting.
2. In the slow cooker pot, mix BBQ sauce with grated zucchini, broth and oat bran.
3. Add chicken to slow cooker and toss. Cover. Cook 5 hours on low or 2 1/2 hours on high. For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
4. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks. Toss with the BBQ sauce. Serve on warm hamburger buns or English muffins, if desired.
Visit Missy Chase Lapine's website The Sneaky Chef.