The Sneaky Chef: Sneaky "Bonbons"
Makes 2 dozen.
- 1/4 cup sweet-potato baby food (stage 1 or 2)
- 1/4 cup carrot baby food (stage 1 or 2)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick- cooking)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
- Topping options: 3 Tbsp sugar, cinnamon sugar, sprinkles
Note: Carrot and sweet-potato baby food can be used interchangeably; use one or the other, or both, as long as it totals 1/2 cup.
1. Pour desired topping onto a plate or parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine baby food and peanut butter. Mix in wheat germ, oats, and chocolate chips, if using.
3. Scoop up heaping teaspoon-size amounts of batter, and roll into balls with your hands. Roll balls in topping to coat completely. Wrap individually in plastic wrap to refrigerate or freeze.
Adapted from The Sneaky Chef to the Rescue: 101 All-New Recipes and "Sneaky" Tricks for Creating Healthy Meals Kids Will Love(Running Press, April 2009).
Visit Missy Chase Lapine's website The Sneaky Chef.