|Prep time: 5 minutes |
Cook time: 5 Minutes
Freezing time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 1/2 cup semisweet or milk-chocolate chips
- 8 large, soft oatmeal-raisin cookies
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Heat chocolate chips in a small saucepan over very low heat until melted, about 5 minutes. Stir to create a smooth sauce.
- Meanwhile, place two heaping tablespoons of ice cream on one cookie; stack another cookie on top to create a sandwich. Use a spoon to coat half of the cookie sandwich with melted chocolate sauce. Repeat with remaining cookies, ice cream, and chocolate sauce.
- Transfer sandwiches to a small cookie sheet; place in freezer until chocolate has hardened, about 10 minutes. (To make up to a day ahead, wrap sandwiches in waxed paper or foil after chocolate hardens; store them in the freezer.)
|How kids can help: Scoop ice cream onto cookies; place sandwiches on the cookie sheet.|
Per servin (1 sandwich): 301 calories, 13 g fat (6.1 g saturated), 73 mg sodium, 9 mg cholesterol.