Tricky Taco Shells
Makes 3 cookies per chef
Each chef needs the following ingredients:
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
Pinch of ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 ½ teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
You Will Also Need: Aluminum foil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Shake your hips and get ready to mix! Stir the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Then whisk in the vanilla and egg. Mix lightly until smooth, then fold in the butter. Let chill for 5 minutes in the freezer.
3. Ladle the cookie dough into 3 circle shapes about 3 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Whie the cookies are baking, scrunch some aluminum foil into a log shape, about 12 inches long and 1 inch thick.
6. After the cookies have cooled for 1 minute, you must move fast! Have an adult help you drape a warm cookie over the foil log. Repeat with the remaining cookies. Once the cookies are cool, remove the foil carefully. You've just magically transformed the cookie into taco shells!
Next: Sweet "Meat" Fillings and Taco Toppings